Nothing in particular

Note : I wrote this on the way back to Goa from Mumbai last week. It's also my first 'random' post ! :)

There’s a strange romance associated with train journeys isn’t there ? I’m not a frequent train traveller, but I’ve always found the journey very comforting, not just comfortable. There’s something very reassuring about the way you can just stretch your legs and relax , watch the countryside float by, the constant chatter of co-passengers... Without consciously realizing it, you end up building a bond with the fellow passengers in your coupe, which I don’t see happening elsewhere. Add to that some great music, and you’ve really got something going !

I’ve got one eye outside, watching a blur of stations fly past. I think we just passed Dadar.


I love Mumbai, and sorely miss the hustle and bustle of the metropolis when I’m away. On a semi-related note, watch Dhobi Ghat if you haven’t; it’s a great movie.

I’ve got Bombay Rain playing on my iPod. It’s a beautiful song, very melancholic but therapeutic at the same time. The verse reminds me of some turbulent, swirly shape, like a confused jet of water.

We just crossed Thane, which means we’re not within the city limits anymore.

It’s quite fitting that Bombay Rain is the last track on the album isn’t it ?

5 comments

  1. very subtle yet beautiful.short and sweet in the true sense :D
    On a serious note, i have/will always love the way you express yourself on paper.It gives me immense pleasure to read it.
    Continue writing such random things (to put it differently, write less on ubuntu :P)
    cheers!

    swetha

  2. Oh I love it....
    It was almost as if I'm right there
    :)

    Surabhi

  3. thank you :)

  4. +1 @Surabhi & Swetha (Terse, I know)

  5. Well!! While u were writing this down, I too was listening to Bombay Rain and I can precisely relate to the description you just gave and about the whole journey in general!! Simple and a very meaningful post.. !! keep up with the good work !!

Post a Comment