Summer of 2011


I've decided to start reading again. A good book can keep you occupied for days or even weeks at end ! I was reading ‘Delhi is not Far’ by Ruskin Bond on the way to CST, and that really brightened up my journey ! He's got this great quality; his writing has a flair and a texture which induces a a lot of positivity. Especially when he writes about his childhood, or the stories set in the hills of Mussorie. I picked up an old copy of ‘The God of Small Things’ by Arundhati Roy - that’ll be my next read. (King's Circle has a good collection of second hand books, including novels, magazines and textbooks ! )

I restrung my old acoustic guitar and I've decided to learn to play the acoustic guitar properly this time, I’m pretty bad at it. I’m also looking for some new music to learn / listen to this summer, so if you've got any recommendations, please leave a comment at the end of this post :)

A friend pointed out to me that I worry a lot, without any reason. It's probably true, and I'm gonna try and chill out for a bit this summer. There's really no point in unnecessarily moping over the future, over-analyzing things, or arriving at premature conclusions. What happens in the process, is we end up completely losing sight of the present in anticipation of something better or worse in the future. So don't let your anxiety get to you or take you down. Live in the present, deal with it, enjoy it, and move on ! Look forward to what each day has to offer, and every now and then, slow down a little, sit back, and disconnect yourself from the hullabaloo of everyday life. Try to see the brighter side of everything, be happy !

6 comments

  1. Hellow my vegetarian teetotaller panini sandwich!

    Good post. As I discovered, the present is called so for a reason. No point worrying about the future, it won't change what'll happen then, but it sure as well will take the joy away from your present. Also no point sacrificing the present for what will supposedly be a better future. Maintain the right balance of family, health, acads/professional activities/career, music, arts, going out, and you'll realize you're happier, more satisfied & content.

  2. "The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."

  3. If you're going to master the acoustic guitar-
    Cancion Del Mariachi.

    :D

  4. Neil !!! Whaddup !
    I stopped playing the acoustic once I joined college, and that's when I realized that I was really lousy at it :D

  5. A brilliant post, Paanini. =)

  6. Thank you ! :)

Post a Comment